The Chronicles of Addie

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I love God

Life is so uncertain all the time. and especially lately for me. seems like everything and everyone is up and down, up and down. frankly, i don't like it this way at all. i like to know things for sure and not feel so nervous and upset about stuff.

well, i was flipping through the Bible tonight, looking up something for school, when i came across this verse. it really spoke to me and kinda just popped off the page. (God wanted me to read it.) so i thought i'd share it with yall because everyone seems to have times when things are uncertain..and if this encourages me, i want to encourage you with it too. :)

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.' " Psalm 91:1-2

a lot of times i read verses like that and just skim through them and don't think much about them. but honestly think about this verse..it's very comforting. we don't have to know everything, we don't have to enjoy what's happening to us, but we have this privilege of dwelling with the Most High and being protected by His shadow. i think it's just a good reminder to me that God is my refuge and fortress when i feel uncertain and upset. He won't ever let me down.

xoxo. adj

5 Comments:

  • I agree! Psalm 91 has always been one of my favorites. I'm glad the LORD showed you that verse. ILY!

    By Blogger Joy Ridge, at 10:02 PM  

  • i love that whole chapter! i used to read it out loud every time i was afraid! God used His words from that chapter to heal my heart during a hard stage in my life. i'm so glad He showed it to you too! it really is comforting that He covers us so we don't have to be afraid. i love you addie and i am excited about your life ahead!

    By Blogger charlestongal, at 12:07 AM  

  • Psalm 91 is the one a lot of chaplains read before troops go out on convoys over here...definitely a good one.

    By Blogger ~rich, at 12:18 AM  

  • Is this the one where it talks about not even your foot stumbling/stubbing of the toe or something to that extent?

    By Blogger Amy, at 2:09 PM  

  • yeah...

    For He shall give His angels charge over you,
    To keep you in all your ways.
    In their hands they shall bear you up,
    Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

    pretty cool.
    anyway, where are you adj? long time no bloggy...

    By Blogger ~rich, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home